Cover yourself against mishaps. Season Pass Insurance is available and provides coverage for you and your investments when the unexpected happens. Pass Insurance allows you to recoup the prorated cost of your pass if problems such as sickness, injuries or employment issues prevent you from enjoying a full season on the slopes.
Season Pass Insurance through Travel Guard provides coverage for you and your ski pass investment when the unexpected happens. To purchase pass insurance for your 2013-14 pass, you MUST purchase such insurance within 30 days of your pass purchase date.
2013-14 Pass Insurance Rates
- Insurance Coverages - Covers the cost of your season pass if you are no longer able to use the pass for reasons such as sickness or injury to you or a family member; primary residence or destination being made uninhabitable, being subpoenaed, required to serve on jury duty, or quarantined; job transfer; pregnancy or childbirth; employer termination or layoff.
- 24-Hour Emergency Hotline - Immediate help with any travel or medical emergency when you need it, wherever you need it; includes cash advances, telephone interpretation, passport or ticket replacement, physician referrals and appointments, prescription replacement, lost or delayed baggage tracing and roadside assistance. 24 hour Assistance Services are provided by Travel Guard.
- Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion Waiver - If insurance is purchased within 14 days of deposit for the ski pass, the Pre-Existing Medical Condition Exclusion will be waived. You must be medically able to ski when you pay your plan cost.
Pass Insurance FAQ
Q. Why should I purchase travel insurance for my ski pass?
A. You've saved. You've planned. You’ve looked forward to skiing for months. But, things don’t always go according to plan. By purchasing travel insurance, you can insure your investment when you are unable to use your ski pass for covered reasons.
Did you know that the insurance plan could cover you if:
• Someone in your family has an illness or injury,
• You become injured and can't ski for the rest of the season
• You or a traveling companion loses their job and they’ve been with their employer for at least one year
• You become pregnant and cannot ski
• Your resort closes indefinitely due to a natural disaster
• You or a traveling companion has an involuntary job transfer and must move 100 or miles away
•Other unforeseeable events as listed in the Description of Coverage prevent you from using your ski pass
What are the coverages?
• Season Pass Price Paid - Trip Cancellation & Interruption
Covers the cost of your season pass if you are no longer able to use the pass for reasons such as sickness or injury to you, a family member, or traveling companion; your primary residence or destination being made uninhabitable, you or a traveling companion being subpoenaed, required to serve on jury duty, or quarantined; you or a traveling companion has an employer-initiated job transfer; an insured has a pregnancy or childbirth after the effective date of coverage; an insured or traveling companion has an employer termination or layoff, provided the employee was with the same employer for at least 1 year.
• 24-hour Emergency Hotline
Immediate help with any travel or medical emergency when you need it, wherever you need it;
- Emergency Cash Advances
- Telephone interpretation
- Passport or ticket replacement
- Physician referrals
- Prescription replacement assistance
- Lost or delayed baggage tracing and delivery assistance
Q. I know that I have a pre-existing medical condition; will the plan cover me?
A. Even if you have a an old skiing injury, you should still consider enrolling in this insurance plan because you can waive the Pre-Existing Condition exclusion by enrolling in the plan and paying for it within 14 days of your initial deposit towards your season pass. So long as you are medically able to travel at time of purchase. waiving the Pre-Existing Condition exclusion is the easiest way to alleviate doubt as to coverage for chronic medical conditions/reoccurring injuries. There are some conditions that are not covered by the policy such as anxiety-related mental or nervous disorders. Please see the Exclusions section of the Description of Coverage to view these coverages.
Q. One of the reasons listed under trip cancellation is “Sickness, Injury or death of an Insured, Family Member, or Traveling Companion”. What is the definition of a Family Member?
A. The family member definition means
means the Insured’s spouse, Domestic Partner, Child, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, brother, sister, mother, father, grandparents, grandchild, step-child, step-brother, stepsister, stepparents, parents-in-law, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, legal guardian, foster
child, ward, or legal ward.
Q. Given the current economy, what if my spouse loses his/her job?
A. The Ski Pass Insurance includes trip cancellation/interruption coverage due to involuntary termination or layoff which occurs more than 14 days after an Insured’s effective date of coverage. Only one year of employment with the same employer is required. If you or one of your traveling companions loses their job through no fault of their own and need to cancel or interrupt their trip, this plan can provide reimbursement of non-refundable pre-paid travel expenses.
Q. Is there help while I'm on the slopes?
A. One of the valued benefits offered in this insurance plan is the 24-Hour Emergency Hotline. Travel Guard is a leader in this field. With Travel Guard, you have access to the services of a highly trained, multi-lingual staff around the clock to assist you with such emergencies as cash transfers, lost documents, medical or legal monitoring, and referrals. They are also equipped to respond in many unexpected circumstances. If an emergency should arise during your ski trip, call Travel Guard immediately and give the details of your problem or medical emergency.
Q. Where can I call for more information?
A. You may call Travel Guard at 1.877.828.6720, with any questions regarding the ski pass insurance. Their service representatives will be happy to assist you.
Q. When is the latest the insurance can be purchased?
A. The coverage can be purchased up to 30-days after you purchase your ski pass.
Q. How do I file a claim?
A. In the event of a claim, please notify your booking agent immediately. Then call Travel Guard at 1.877.828.6720 and refer to product 008624 P1 to start your claim.
The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Full details of coverage are contained in the Policy. If there are any conflicts between the contents of this document and the Policy (form series T30337NUFIC), the Policy will govern in all cases. Insurance underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., with its principal place of business in New York, NY. Coverage may not be available in all states..
This is a brief description of the insurance benefits and travel services provided. Insurance is underwritten by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa., a Pennsylvania Insurance Company (NAIC #19445). It is currently authorized to transact business in all states and the District of Columbia. The Policy will contain reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. All coverages may not be available in all states.
With resort charge your credit card is associated with your season pass so you can use your pass to charge to your credit card at resort owned locations.
You can sign up for Resort Charge in our online store at the time you purchase your season pass. The check out process includes an option to accept or decline Resort Charge. You can use resort charge for the following:
- Ski & Snowboard Schools at Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows
- Rentals & Demos at Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows
- Lift Tickets: Bypass the ticket window and go direct to lift on the days that your pass is blacked out. The discounted ticket rate will automatically be charged to your credit card.
- Retail/Food & Beverage Outlets owned by Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows. Retail/Restaurants listed below:
Sign Up for Resort Charge
*Resort Charge will not be available at retail locations at Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows until the beginning of 2013-14 season.
If you have already purchased your season pass or pack, please visit our eStore, sign in to your account, and choose resort charge from the list on the left side of your screen. You can also contact guest services to add the Resort Charge feature. Guest services can be reached at 800-403-0206 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resort Charge remains effective from year to year until your registered credit card expires or until you contact a Resort representative to remove this feature. Please immediately contact the Resort Season Pass Office if your credit card or any Pass is lost, stolen, or if the credit card is expired, modified or cancelled by the issuer.
Upload Your Photo
Upload your picture and we'll process your pass. Processing your pass and getting it in the mail to you can take up to two weeks. If you plan on using your pass before then just stop by our Season Pass Office and we'll process your pass while you are here. New photos are optional for returning 2012-13 passholders.
Release of Liability
You do need a Release of Liability for every season. Be sure to sign your 2013-14 release of liability. That way, the moment the lifts spin, you'll be ready to go. Log in to your account and choose Release of Liability from the list on the left side of your screen.
Ways to Buy
- Purchase online
- Purchase by calling 800-403-0206 from 9am-2pm daily through June 13 and 10am-4pm daily starting June 14 or email email@example.com
- Purchase by downloading the Tahoe Super Pass Form and release of liability. Please read, review and sign both forms and return.
- via Mail:
Squaw Valley Ski Corp, Dept. PLP
P. O. Box 2007, Olympic Valley, California 96146
- via FAX:
- via Email:
Scan your completed form and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Purchase at a Bay Club location in the SF/Bay Area (Bay Club San Francisco, Bay Club Marin, Bay Club Silicon Valley, Courtside Club, or Pacific Sports Resort Redwood Shores) and receive one complimentary class at the club. Details »
Sign up for Resort Charge for the ultimate convenience. Resort Charge is a convenient way for season passholders or packholders to attach a credit card to their pass. Sign up for Resort Charge.
Release of Liability
Download, sign, and return. Or electronically sign our release of liability before you hit the slopes. Log-in here.
Update Your Account
Already a passholder and need to make changes to your account? Log-in here.
For More Information
For questions about season passes, please call 800-403-0206 or email email@example.com.