Squaw Valley™ & Alpine Meadows®
Steep. Deep. Tweet. Contest Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, LLC, P.O. Box 2007, 1901 Chamonix Pl, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 (the “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to legal residents residing in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. states or territories where prohibited, license-required, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, managers, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses regardless where they live) and members of household of Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, LLC, its parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising and publicity agencies involved in the conduct of this Contest are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Entrant must read these Rules in their entirety. By participating, entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, LLC, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Contest subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. By participating, Entrants agree to these official rules and accept decisions of the Sponsor as final.
4. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins October 5, 2012 at 12:01 a.m. PST and ends on October 25, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Entry Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the Steep. Deep. Tweet. Contest you must:
- Be a “follower” of Squaw Valley’s (http://twitter.com/squawvalley) and/or Alpine Meadows’ (http://twitter.com/skialpine) Twitter profiles
- Compose a Tweet (in 140 characters or less) or a Twitpic telling us why you must have a Tahoe Super Pass™ this winter.
- Include #TahoeSuperPass in your Tweet/Twitpic.
- Include your @reply in your entry.
Just one (1) entry per Twitter account is allowed; any entrant found to use multiple accounts to enter this Contest will be ineligible. Posting duplicate or near duplicate Tweets/Twitpics is prohibited and multiple entries in a single day will not be accepted by Sponsor.
By entering the Contest, entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted Tweet words or Twitpic photograph, respectively, are original works created solely by the entrant, that they do not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the words or photograph (e.g. you must get releases from people appearing in any photo).
The words or photograph must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for late, incomplete, unfound, misdirected or illegible/corrupt entries/Tweets/Twitpics; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
6. SELECTION OF WINNER. On or about October 30, 2012, Sponsor’s Judge will select a winner based on originality, creativity, humor and/or representing Tahoe spirit of adventure while telling us why you must have a Tahoe Super Pass this winter. The winner will be awarded the Grand Prize, so long as the entrant has complied with all applicable laws and regulations and these Official Rules. Entrants need not be present to win. Any entrant that does not comply with these Official Rules may be disqualified at any time.
7. THE PRIZE. One (1) non-transferable 2012-13 season Bronze Tahoe Super Pass for use at Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows ($429
value). PRIZE RESTRICTIONS APPLY. Prize may not be resold or transferred under any circumstances. Winners will be required to sign a resort release of liability agreement. Winners are subject to all resort rules and policies. Prize winners are responsible for payment of applicable income tax. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted.
8. WINNER SELECTION. Judging will commence at the time the Contest begins and continue until all entries submitted prior to the end of the Entry Period have been reviewed provided such comply with these Official Rules. The Contest judge(s) shall be such person(s) as may be selected by the Sponsor from time to time in its sole discretion (the "Judge"). The Judge will select one (1) Contest Winner telling us why you must have a Tahoe Super Pass this winter, based on the following criteria: (a) originality; (b) creativity; (c) humor; and/or (d) represents the Tahoe spirit of adventure. This is a contest of skill. An entrant's chance of winning depends on how well his or her entry reflects the judging criteria in the Judge’s discretion and how well it is received by the Judge as compared to the other entries in the Contest. Any entry that does not comply with these Official Rules or does not otherwise reflect good taste (in Sponsor's sole discretion) may be disqualified at any time. Sponsor makes the final determination as to which entries are considered for the Prize.
9. NOTIFICATION OF WINNER. Contest Winner shall be notified on Twitter, by Twitter direct message, or other means chosen by Sponsor, following the end of the Entry Period. The Contest Winner will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and any other documents that Sponsor may reasonably require including a Release of Liability, Hold-Harmless and Indemnity Agreement, and a Publicity Release. If the Contest Winner does not reply to any notification within forty-eight (48) hours, or fails to return any required documentation within five (5) business days of delivery to the Contest Winner, such Contest Winner may, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, be disqualified and an alternate Contest Winner may be selected. If a selected winner is not available to accept the Prize, Sponsor retains the right to revoke the Prize and select an alternate winner through the same Contest process.
10. GRANT OF RIGHTS. By submitting a Tweet or Twitpic, the entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, assignable, perpetual, license to produce, publish, distribute, transmit, exhibit, exploit, and license the copy and any portions thereof in any format by any and all means, uses and media, whether audio, print, audiovisual or otherwise, now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in all languages.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner’s entry, name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Contest in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Contest in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Contest any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Contest entrants. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor and its Judge are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user’s computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
12. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with entrance in the Contest, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest related activity, and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Squaw Valley Ski Holdings, LLC, Twitter, their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, and their respective owners, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, managers, directors, and officers from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Twitter. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Contest.
13. CHOICE OF LAW. ALL ENTRANTS AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, will be GOVERNED BY CALIFORNIA LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION will be in the County of Placer District Court for the State of California or in Federal Court for the Northern District of California.
14. WINNERS LIST. For name of winner, after November 15, 2012 but before February 15, 2013, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Sponsor to Steep. Deep. Tweet. Winner’s Name, Marketing Department – ATTN Sean Kristl, PO Box 2007, Olympic Valley, CA 96146.