Geocachers can ride Squaw Valley's scenic Aerial Tram up to High Camp, el. 8200 feet, to find 10 caches hidden among the mountain's peaks using GPS coordinates or Squaw’s preprogrammed GPS units. Guest should allow 3+ hours to discover all boxes. Hiking ability range from moderate to above moderate.
How it works:
- Download Geocaching App
- Download Geocache Coordinates "Passport" or get a printed copy from the Guest Services info desk at High Camp
- Geocaching is free with your Aerial Tram ticket or 2014-15 Tahoe Super Pass.
- Find as many of the 10 geocaches as you can.
- Each cache contains a prize and log sheet for you to sign.
- For each cache that you find record the box number and code number in your passport.
- Turn in your passport for discounts at the High Camp retail shop or The North Face or other participating Squaw Valley retail stores