It’s the heat of the summer and if you haven’t yet been to Squaw Valley for a summer adventure, you’re likely (hopefully) planning your Lake Tahoe vacation, now. Squaw literally has as many fun activities to try during the warm months as it does during the ski season. There’s biking, climbing, hiking, swimming, SUP’ing, kayaking—you name it, along with multiple festivals and events. Of course, with all the outdoor options, it can be tough to remember everything to pack. We’ve made it a little easier by compiling a packing list of items you won’t want to forget.
- Camera, charging device and card reader (so you can download your photos and not lose them). Squaw Valley has scenic mountain vistas you won’t want to miss
- Broad spectrum sunscreen and lip balm—ideally waterproof.
- Sunglasses with at least 100% UV protection
- Water bottle and/or a hydration pack
- Sturdy hiking shoes
- An extra pair of wool or quick-drying socks
- Jacket for cool evenings
- Fleece and/or layers (for cool evenings or early morning hikes)
- Bathing suit
- Flip flops or sandals
- Trail shoes (for running)
- Yoga mat and yoga clothing. (Squaw has a new Wanderlust Yoga Studio!)
- Day pack/backpack
- Padded bike shorts/chamois and a bike helmet
- Brimmed hat or cap. (You can count on sunshine in Tahoe)
- Comfortable, casual clothing for wandering the town or dining out
- Breathable clothing for fitness activities
- Beach toys for the kids
Of course, don’t forget any medication, your flight itinerary, and your phone charger. If you forget anything, you can visit Alice’s Mountain Market in the village for miscellaneous items.