Skiers and riders love beer and with perfect reason: It’s surprisingly loaded with hidden health benefits. Research has shown beer to boost bone density, supply B vitamins (necessary for energy), and fiber (helpful for digesting those wings). Of course, skiers really know that nothing beats a cold one after a long day on the mountain. It’s the cherry on top of a typical Lake Tahoe ski vacation. If you’re thirsty for some perfect après brews (and you likely are as it’s Spring Break season), here are some spots to find them:
- Olympic Plaza Bar: This Squaw Valley staple has recently been redone complete with, modernized décor, giant TV's and plush, comfortable seating. It’s located in the Olympic House base lodge and features a full dining menu and signature drinks.
- KT Base Bar: If it’s a warm, sunny day (which is likely the case), you might want to sip your brews outside. Located on the deck of the Olympic House, this bar offers tasty pizzas, burgers and small plates, as well as a roster of beers.
- Le Chamois: Enjoy relaxed après ambience while scoring a hell of a deal: Le Chamois offers a ‘Buddy Pass,’ which allows you to buy 20 pints of Budweiser for $40. Foodies can enjoy craft brews with the $60 Pint Pass.
- The Auld Dubliner: This Squaw Valley Village hot spot serves up craft beer and cottage ambience. What’s more, the pub is open until 2 a.m., so you can take your après-ski celebrations into the wee hours of tomorrow.
- Rocker @ Squaw: If you like games with your beer, you’ll enjoy the sports-bar ambience at this Village restaurant. Catch Happy Hour from 3:30-5:30pm Monday-Friday, for food specials and $4 drafts.
Tell us: Where is your favorite spot to kick back with a brew at Squaw?