#soulofskiing Contest Official Rules
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. CONTEST SPONSOR. This Contest is sponsored by Squaw Valley & Alpine Meadows® Ski Resorts, P.O. Box 2007, c/o 1901 Chamonix Place, Olympic Valley, CA 96146 (collectively, the “Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY. This Contest is open only to legal residents residing in the fifty United States and the District of Columbia who are at least 18 years of age. Void in Puerto Rico and other U.S. states or territories or where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and each of their spouses regardless where they live) or members of household of Alpine Meadows or Squaw Valley, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, and publicity agencies involved in the conduct of this Contest are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Entrant must read these Rules in their entirety. By participating, Entrant agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of Alpine Meadows, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Contest. Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
4. ENTRY PERIOD. The Contest begins December 2, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. Pacific Time (PST) and ends on February 10, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. PST (the “Entry Period”).
5. HOW TO ENTER. To enter the #soulofskiing Contest you must post an original photo taken at Squaw Valley ski resort or Alpine Meadows ski resort and tagged #soulofskiing using one of the three outlets:
- Via Instagram
- Via Twitter
- Via Facebook
- On Squaw Valley’s website: squaw.com/soulofskiing-photo-contest
Photos must have been taken at Squaw Valley or Alpine Meadows and have the #soulofskiing tag. All photos tagged #soulofskiing on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram will automatically be posted here: squaw.com/soulofskiing-photo-contest
By entering the Contest, Entrant represents, acknowledges, and warrants that the submitted photograph is an original work created solely by the Entrant, that the photograph does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, and that no other party has any right, title, claim, or interest in the photograph. Tip: Don’t forget to get releases from people that are recognizable in your photo!
The photograph must not, as determined in the sole and unfettered discretion of Sponsor, contain obscene, provocative, defamatory, sexually explicit, or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate content.
No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor for late, incomplete, unfound, misdirected or illegible/corrupt entries/tweets; or for any computer, telephone, cable, network, satellite, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture any such information.
6. VOTING; SELECTION OF WINNER(S) IN #soulofskiing CONTEST. Upon posting of a photo, viewers (who must have Facebook, Instagram or Twitter accounts to vote) can vote for that photo by hovering over the photo, clicking “Vote” and the Facebook, Instagram or Twitter button during the period from December 2, 2013 through February 10, 2014. Viewers’ voting will be used by Sponsor to select the Grand Prize Winner. Weekly winners will be selected by Sponsor among all entries for that week (Monday-Sunday) and will be chosen every Sunday from December 2-February 10, 2014. Each Entrant can only win the weekly prize for a posted photo once. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected on or about February 11, 2014 and Sponsor will select such based on the highest number of votes received during the voting period of February 18, 2014 only. Weekly and Grand Prize winners will be awarded their respective prize, so long as the respective Entrant has complied with all applicable laws and regulations and these Official Rules. Entrants need not be present to win. Any Entrant that does not comply with these Official Rules may be disqualified by Sponsor at any time without notice.
- Eight (8) Weekly Prize Packages (one (1) per week only): Package of Oakley goggles (value approx. $200) Oakley beanie (value approx. $30), Oakley bandana (value approx.. $20), The North Face base layer set (value approx. $130), & two (2) Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows lift tickets for 2013-14 season (value approx. $200)
- One (1) Grand Prize Package: Package of one (1) GoPro camera (value approx. $300), one (1) Oakley sunglasses (value approx. $120), two (2) Squaw Valley/Alpine Meadows lift tickets for 2013-14 season (value approx. $200)
PRIZE RESTRICTIONS APPLY. Prize may not be resold or transferred by winner under any circumstances. Winners are also subject to all Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadow’s resort rules and policies. Prize winners are responsible for payment of applicable income tax. No cash or credit redemption, assignment, transfer or substitution of any prize or portion thereof is permitted by Sponsor.
8. WINNER SELECTION. Voting for the Grand Prize Winner as described above may occur only during the period of January 13, 2014 through January 19, 2014. The Grand Prize Winner will be selected by Sponsor based on viewer voting among all entries during the period, January 13-19, 2014. The Grand Prize Winner will be notified on or about January 20, 2014. Each Contest Winner will be required to sign and return within five (5) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility, a release of liability and any other documents that Sponsor may reasonably require. If such Contest Winner does not reply to any Sponsor notification within forty-eight (48) hours, or fails to return any required documentation within five (5) business days of delivery to such Contest Winner, such Contest Winner may, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, be disqualified and an alternate Contest Winner may be selected.
9. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS. Contest Winner(s) will be notified on Twitter, on Squaw Valley’s website, by Twitter direct message, or by e-mail, at the latest within ten days following the end of the Entry Period. If a selected winner is not available to accept the prize, Sponsor retains the right to revoke the prize and select an alternate winner through the same Contest process. All prizes must be claimed within seven days of notification.
10. GRANT OF RIGHTS. By submitting a photo, the Entrant grants to Sponsor a non-exclusive, assignable, perpetual, license to produce, publish, distribute, transmit, exhibit, exploit, and license the copy and any portions thereof in any format (collectively "distribute" or "distribution," as applicable) by any and all means, uses and media, whether audio, print, audiovisual or otherwise, now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in all languages.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS. By accepting the prize, where permitted by law, winner grants to Sponsor and those acting pursuant to a grant of authority by Sponsor the unfettered right of publicity, including but not limited to the right to use and publish winner’s entry, name, portrait, picture, voice and likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without additional consideration, worldwide and on the world wide web, without notification, review or approval. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. If any provision of the Contest shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Contest in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Contest in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Contest any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Contest entrants. All entries become the property of the Sponsor. By entering, you acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements, and you agree to all decisions of Sponsor and its Judge are final. Sponsor is not responsible for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or delays that may occur, or for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind, including any damage to a user’s computer equipment, or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of any entry information, or for failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by Sponsor for any reason. Incomplete, garbled, or unintelligible entries will be disqualified.
12. RELEASE. In consideration for entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees to ASSUME ALL RISKS associated with entrance in the Contest, acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest related activity, and agrees to hold harmless, release, defend and indemnify Sponsor and their parent and affiliated companies, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and their respective subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, agents, employees, representatives, assignees, directors, members, officers, managers and shareholders (each a “Released Party”) from all liabilities, litigation and/or claims for injury or death to persons or damage to property arising from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize, participation in any Contest-related activity, or participation in the Contest. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Instagram or Facebook. Entrant agrees that he/she is providing information to Sponsor and not to Twitter or Instagram. The information you provide will only be used for administration of the Contest.
13. CHOICE OF LAW. ALL ENTRANTS AGREE that ANY AND ALL CLAIMS for damages, injury and/or death regarding an alleged incident, including but not limited to all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and SPONSOR in connection with the Contest, will be GOVERNED BY CALIFORNIA LAW and EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION will be in the District Court for the State of California or in Federal Court for the State of California
14. WINNERS LIST. For name of weekly winners and Grand Prize Winner send a self-addressed stamped envelope after January 20, 2014 but before June 29, 2014, to Sponsor at #soulofskiing Contest Winners List, Marketing Department – ATTN Jackie Megnin, PO Box 2007,Olympic Valley, CA 96146.